... 'cuz some lilies may use up a chunk of that money...
I didn't know lilies were toxic to cats.
I put some on the table -- the next day the Queen yaked... she isn't a yacker.
A quick google search on "flowers poisonous to cats" came up with a strongly worded warning about lilies -- and we were off to the emergency vet for some blood work and IV fluids.
That was Sunday -- and a bunch of money -- it seems that even a small amount of contact can start kidney failure in cats.
We got her out of the emergency vet this morning and took her to our regular vet.
He did more blood work today and one of her kidney numbers was a concern... so, more fluids and another test tomorrow.
The really sweet thing is that the vet is taking her home with him tonight to do more fluids -- as 48 hours of increased fluids seems to be the key.
I don't even want to know how much 'goes home with the vet' costs -- really....
I just want her home. The Minion misses her and the house is way, way, way too quiet without her interaction/disapproval..