Thursday, August 06, 2009

Dissertation progress...

I'm supposed to be working on chapter 3 right now....

Chapters 1 & 2 are in their final 'percolation' stage. What remains are chasing down some footnotes and citations for a few empirical details.

I've just read chapter 3 -- and, the problem is that I don't think it's all that bad. This is either because a) it's really not all that bad or b) I can't see what's wrong with it -- but, a fatal flaw is lurking out there.

I have good reason to believe it's a) -- I've actually presented this material and the material is based on the work of others, so it isn't like it is completely original.... like Chapter 2.

but -- for today, I'm taking the afternoon off from writing. If chapter 3 looks pretty good tomorrow, then I'll chase down some details, improve what I see needs it and move on to the next chapter.

The scary (fun kind of scary) is that, while I think chapter 4 is kind of crappy -- chapter 5 is really pretty good (as it should be...).

I might actually make my goal of sending the whole shebang to the ever-patient and brilliant Dr. Advisor before school starts.

I really wouldn't know what to do with myself.... but, I suppose 5 sections/240 students will take care of that.

No comments: