Friday, April 04, 2008

Odd family traditions...

Hubby's home for the weekend...

Last night and this morning I picked up, cleaned a little, tamed the laundry and changed the sheets.

As I did so, I remembered the flurry of cleaning activities that would happen at our house before my step-dad came home from working in Chicago. My mom and step-dad had a long-distance marriage for 16 years (until he retired, moved in with Mom and almost made her divorce him). I used to resent the increased attention -- and the fact that we were cleaning for the man... I was a feminist child...

Now, I see it differently. I like having my sweet Hubby come home to a neat place....

He's in the tub with a Lush bath bomb right now -- then we'll go out for a sushi linner.... when the neat new sushi place opens at 3:30.




No comments: