Wednesday, April 02, 2008

I don't want to go....

... to the "thing" tomorrow.

Really, can't I just have my normal mellow Thursday of teaching and office stuff?

These 'things' have been pretty awful in the past. Highlights include a venue that really didn't work, getting cars stuck in the muddy parking lot, and being insulted by the hired speakers.

I'm actually kind of sad that I don't have an illness that would let me call in sick tomorrow. In the past, I was fortunate, as this 'thing' sometimes happened during or right after debate nationals... So I could miss it because I was out of town, or because I'd caught some bug at nationals.

aargh

2 comments:

Seeking Solace said...

When I am in that situation, I just escape into fantasy!

Inside the Philosophy Factory said...

Wise Woman and I are plotting to defy the assigned seating scheme...