Sunday, April 22, 2007

notes from the road...

Dear Truckers...

Stay in your own f-ing lane -- really. This cutting me off and then swerving is really silly.

Dear Corn State...

Please put up more notices about where your rest areas are. I always stop at a crappy little Kum-n-go, buy some stuff because it is rude to pee and not buy, get back on the road and 2 miles later pass a rest area where I can pee for free. I do this several times per semester and it is getting annoying. A sign before the rest area would be helpful.

General hints for drivers...
1) "We gotta get out of this place" is THE BEST song to start a driving playlist with... the best song ever.
2) "Omaha", "my little town" "Rockin the Suburbs" and "Big Country" need to be on any Red State to BN state playlist.
3) Open bags of beef-jerky before you start to drive in the wind.
4) Make sure you go before you leave (see above...).

1 comment:

Coffee-Drinking Woman said...

To your list of hints for drivers I would add: always stop when you see a good coffee shop, because you never know where the next will be...