Sunday, April 01, 2007

home...

I'm home and feeling much better than I did yesterday...

Poor hubby, I come down to see him -- immediately get a nasty combination of SARS and ebola, forcing him to bring me tissues and juice all weekend -- and then, when it is time for me to go back... I feel better.

I didn't get to play with our new basketball hoop or do any of the other fun Red State activities that I usually enjoy... sigh.

I did get a fun idea on the drive back -- since we make the same drive over and over again, I figured it needed a soundtrack... So, on the highway outside of Red State City we'd have a song about that city by the Counting Crows, and one that references that highway by Bob Seeger -- as we are in the only metro area between the two, you'd hear "Shit Town", -- at the half-way point, Bon Jovi's "Living on a Prayer" --(because of the lyric -- hold on, you're half-way there... ohhhh, living on a prayer" etc... Maybe American Pie for when we are in the northern part of the corn state -- because that is where Buddy Holly died....

So, I'm taking suggestions - We need a bit over 5 hours of music -- do you have any ideas for me?

2 comments:

timna said...

no suggestions off hand (I'll think about it), but we had a tape that was exactly the distance between kibbutz and home in the city and even now when I hear Cat Stevens "It's Sat night" I'm sure we're just about home!

Bella Sultane said...

Do you prefer fast paced or slow and steady for long drives?