Friday, January 22, 2010

ummm... no, I don't think so...

Without being too specific -- someone sent me a "become a fan of __________ group" invitation on Facebook.

I like the person, but I don't like the group s/he works for.

In fact, I'd like to start a group in direct opposition to hir employer -- something like "___________ group is bunch of bigoted asshats -- if you're smart, you'll run away".

But -- I know how the bigoted asshats would interpret my fantasy group -- so, I think I'll just ignore the invitation.

5 comments:

Bardiac said...

So, does that mean you won't become a fan of the Bardiac's Nepharious Plan to Take Over the World for Shakespeare and Biking group?

Inside the Philosophy Factory said...

That group sounds like fun... and y'all haven't screwed Hubby or I over yet -- so, yea, I'll be a fan ;).

Bardiac said...

Yay, that's two of us! If we sing it in harmony, they'll think we're a movement!

Anonymous said...

This is why I don't go on there--all the politics of rejection--it's worse than middle school!

Inside the Philosophy Factory said...

Facebook itself is ok -- it's just this particular group that irks me.. and has for a while. It's nearly 100% personal for me --- not political or religious.