Thursday, January 14, 2010

Grrrr.........

Of course -- this is purely hypothetical -- and not at all about BNCC.... really... I promise ;).

I'm being driven slowly nuts by non-helpful administrivia people. This vent is all about that --

Do your GD MF jobs - you lazy twit (or --- sub 'a' for 'i' in twit).

For goodness sakes, you have plenty of time to jack around. You can do your nails, plaster on the make-up and eat office treats and decorate your cube. Doing your job should be your first priority...

For once -- could you be helpful? I've done the equivalent of your job. I was helpful -- a little creative and generally a critical thinker. I did your job while also going to school -- both for my BA and part of grad school. If you think you're busy -- I can tell you about busy.

Really -- I don't f-ing care if you are polite. Just do the tasks you are supposed to do. If someone makes a mistake -- don't go on a witch hunt to prove you didn't do it -- that's behavior equivalent to the students who take more effort to cheat than to write the paper in the first place.

And -- after you go on the hunt -- and you find out the mistake was yours... fess up.

Your job isn't rocket science or brain surgery. It's just a job. I do my job(s) -- you do yours and don't be so prickly...

also -- getting the detials right would be a nice bonus -- since your job IS the details.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How people that inept and lazy can keep jobs in this economy is beyond me. Everytime I encounter that I wonder, "Who protects you?"

Inside the Philosophy Factory said...

The answer is a combination of seniority and unions...