Saturday, June 27, 2009

A taste of summer...

For under $20.00 I got the following from the farmer's market:
  • 4 tomatos
  • a pint of strawberries
  • lettuce
  • spinach
  • green onions
  • yummy bread
A trip to the grocery store got me:
  • olive oil
  • mozzarella
  • ham
  • garlic
  • steak
On the porch I'm growing:
  • lettuce
  • chives
  • basil
  • tarragon
  • mint
  • catnip
  • lavender
  • sage
  • tomatoes
I've decided to start making salad dressings -- they aren't hard, if you mess them up you've only used a small amount of ingredients, and the homemade ones are both more healthy and taste better.

Today I did mozzarella, tomato, basil salad. It was really good.

This weekend we'll eat steak salad -- at least once. I've found a bunch of recipes for blu cheese vinaigrette, so I'll probably make one up that includes the best parts of a couple of them.

We'll also have chef salad and a few other treats --

No comments: