Thursday, July 05, 2007

a perfect summer routine...

or, at least the start of one.

This summer I taught at 7:45 on Monday, Tuesday and Thursday.

This isn't a big deal for me, as I tend to wake up early and usually I'm awake by 5:30 or so in the summer -- when the sun comes up. In our family we credit the 'farmer genes' for this annoying inability to sleep in.

This summer I'm using it to my advantage.

First thing in the morning I find myself some caffeine, check e-mails, read blogs and wake up a bit. I listen to my favorite morning radio people and become aware of the world.

Then, I do about 2 hours of academic work -- MY own work... on whatever project I'm working on at the time. This brings me to 8AM.

At about 8 I leave for water aerobics. My favorite gym is the one with the outdoor pool. The class runs from 9:00-10:00 every morning, so I can get a good workout in the pool, shower and go on with my day.

Of course, the rest of the day usually goes haywire -- but, the first few hours are good.

No comments: