Saturday, July 07, 2007

Like mother, like daughter...

I had lunch with the Red Head today... and her daughter. Her daughter is almost 9 and going into 4th grade next year. She's only one year younger than the Red Head was when I met her...

and she's sure her mother's daughter -- but with a cell phone.

On the way home I wondered how the Red Head's mother handled her at that age. You see, Little Red is really smart. She's kind of saucy, very sweet and very sophisticated - a lot like her mother was at that age. Little Red usually has something funny to say and she's easily able to out argue her father. It takes someone super-smart like the Red Head to stay ahead of Little Red. Now, I love the Red Head's mother, and for all the wonderful things she is, she isn't super-smart like her daughter and granddaughter.

hmmm.... I suppose that is why the Red Head was able to be naughty in high school and not get in trouble....

2 comments:

Red Head said...

Okay, I was NEVER naughty, not even in high school. Perhaps you have forgotten how Pristine I was, until meeting Mister Red Head, that is...

Shea said...

Sounds like a debater in training.