- I actually like my summer class students -- not enough to keep teaching them, but enough that I won't have that sinking feeling of doom if one of them takes other classes :).
- I may have a student who wants to write logic problems for my textbook. He's smart, has an independent source of income, and wants to go to philosophy grad school. I gave him a stack of logic textbooks, told him to look at them all and we'll talk later..
- My first brain injured student dropped out of logic pretty suddenly. I had no discussions with him before he went away, he just stopped coming to class. I think it was a bit much for him -- which is ok.
- I found out a bit later that another student is in my class because he's recovering from a brain injury. He's had his own sets of challenges, but I think he'll be fine.
- I've been in the pool a lot -- nearly every day. It's really nice -- and I'm getting a bit of a tan.
- I'm revising my dissertation prior to submitting it to the grad school. The revisions are very small -- mostly typos and extra punctuation.
- Next week I'll be doing a seminar on the ethics of warfare for the faculty at BNCC -- as our common book is about the war in Iraq. That should be fun -- but, I still need to prepare.
- Tomorrow is my last day of summer class -- then, some grading and it's over!!
Wednesday, June 30, 2010
... really, it's been a pretty good summer so far.