Your advice was great!! My 'defense day' bag includes:
- A copy of my dissertation
- An outline for my talk
- A cheat sheet listing all of my just war principles
- A bottle for water & cereal bars for quick energy before the defense that can't mess up my clothing.
- The appropriate forms & a checkbook to pay fees
- A pad of paper and a pen
- My ipod --
I'll also bring a clean top with me, just in case -- I have a nightmare that I'll show up for my defense with a spot on my shirt...
My 'fun' (i.e. distraction bag) includes:
- Several good books, including the most recent Steig Larsson book.
- DVDs of old and mindless TV (Mad about You, Will & Grace, Arrested Development)
My suitcase will include several outfit options for tomorrow, pjs and comfy clothes for the rest of the time.
I'm planning to get a pedicure in Red State city late this afternoon, then some good Indian food for dinner.
Tomorrow, after my defense, I have a hair appointment with my favorite stylist / honorary older sister and very good friend. I like that she'll be the first non-committee member to call me "Dr. ItPF" -- in person.
I'm pretty sure I'll have no internet where I'm staying -- so, don't expect an update until Friday or Saturday.