Tuesday, January 08, 2008

RBO I don't want to get ready for Spring semeser...

  • We're in Red State --- I'm here for a whole week... which is more time than I've spent down here in many years. Sadly, it won't be all eating amazing Indian food and reading good books (some of the best things to do here..), rather, I have class prep to do... sigh.
  • This morning I'm getting some waxing done and going to the gym... and then I'll start syllabus prep... sigh.
  • On the way down we had some cool fog -- sometimes the fog was between us and the sun -- So, as we drove, the buildings were often just silhouettes against a pink/purple sky... it was really cool. Of course, even if I had my camera with me, I doubt the photos would have come out properly...
  • My pal is still on Jeopardy -- watch him today to see if he can win Game 9! I love that he's doing well --- both he and his sweet spouse are just nice folks.... as well as being on of the most blissfully smart couple I know... the result is that their daughter will grow up in a home that values intelligence -- a needed counter to our culture's focus on dumb-assness...
  • I got up bright and early intending to go to water aerobics class, only to find that they've changed their schedule and there is no class today... sigh. I did bring my water barbells and elastic band thingy... so I'll go to the gym and have my own little class.

No comments: