Monday, June 04, 2007

one weekend down....

I've passed the first weekend of my goal of spending the whole month in the state.

Of course, I'm finding this a bit difficult, as I have itchy feet and am not used to staying put this long. On the first of the month hubby and I were having a discussion about my little goal and I tried to reason that I should be able to start my month in BN state starting in mid-may -- the day we came back from the city of wind and cheese state.

Hubby, a lawyer / debater at heart, told me my stated goal was for the month of June, not 30 consecutive days.

Of course, not 10 minutes later he was discussing a trip to Canada -- provided we reach some of our own writing goals and our passports arrive when expected....

2 comments:

Bardiac said...

How about if you consider anything within say, 150 miles within the state? Just in case you're in a small state and take a long bike ride! :)

Christopias Spritopher said...

As someone who lives in Arizona, I find it amazing that you'd need a passport to go to and from Canada but we don't require them for all those useless vagrants sucking on social system from Iowa. We let Iowegians come and go as they please without consequence! I'd like something done about that. I'd like comprehensive Iowa reform. Just yesterday there was a small contingent of Iowegians in my parent's house (not mobile home, house) in Kentucky. They are spreading. It should be stopped.