Friday, June 22, 2007

I love the internet...

While camping last weekend I sprayed bug spray on my feet.

That bug spray is the amazing new stuff that doesn't leave you stinky or sticky, but does repell the bugs... It works -- and it also contains cornstarch or baby powder that won't come off of my favorite red birkenstocks...

I now have a new favorite pair of camping birks but I need a new pair of birks I can wear in civilization.

Enter Zappos.com.

I found exactly what I wanted -- Deep red three-strap (Florida??) style birks.

They offer free overnight shipping and if they don't fit, their return policy is excellent (according to Mom)

I expect to see them on Monday.

I am excited... and all I had to do to get hubby to pay for them was to promise to give away the birks I own but am not wearing.

I suppose that is reasonable.

7 comments:

Weezy said...

Price them all over the net. I got a pair of birks through zappos and found them at another site cheaper....difference plus back :)

Dr. Brazen Hussy said...

Zappos is awesome! You can return things up to a YEAR after you bought them (as long as they haven't been worn outside), with free return shipping.

timna said...

what was the bug spray?

Inside the Philosophy Factory said...

I'm pretty sure the bug spray was Off brand -- it is down in the Jeep.... I'll look next time I'm in the garage :).

julie said...

Give those spare Birks to me! I love red - what's your size?

Christopias Spritopher said...

I would sooner get a divorce than give up my sandals, but I grew up down the strasse from the factory and have so many it is ridiculous

Seeking Solace said...

Zappos rocks!!!!!

I tagged you for a meme. Stop by!