Sunday, June 24, 2007

21 years ago yesterday...

June 23, 1986 my passport stamp says that I returned to the US from a trip to Germany and Austria with my mom, aunt, sister and cousin.

I only noticed because my old passport came back with my new enhanced passport.

I remember being more or less on German time for a while that summer, so I got up early and took walks around the lake. I recall hanging out with a girl who was from Germany (at the time West Germany, yea, I'm old) -- She was living here with her father and going to school with us. Her father decided she was getting too Americanized and sent her back. I'd google her, but I don't remember her name. I wonder what happened to her?

That was also the summer that hubby went into the military. I remember him being the first phone call we got when we got home. He didn't seem to believe me when I said we'd been in Europe for three weeks, but he wanted to see me before he went to boot camp. We had a fun week and then he went away -- and didn't pop back into my life until Christmas of 1989.

No comments: