Friday, December 16, 2005

Some people don't agree... so what?

When I was a little girl in Orono, we were the "poor" family. Mom was a nurse, dad a cop. Respectable occupations and decent salaries -- except that we lived in a wealthy neighborhood -- really wealthy. I went to school with the kids of the "Daultons" of "B.Daulton books", the kids of the GM of the Vikings, the grandchildren of the founders of US Steele and the kids of the richest guy in Minnesota.

For that reason, I learned a thing or two early...

First, making money doesn't make you a good person or a bad person -- it just makes you wealthy or not.

Second, people will disagree with what you are saying or doing. It isn't the end of the world. They have their viewpoint and you have yours. You can still like one another and disagree.

If you've read the blog so far, and read the comments, you'd see that a few people found it and were upset by my views. I really am sorry I upset them. I'm not sorry I said what I said or that they may see themselves reflected in the posts. I am sorry enough that I edited the originals so future readers won't see the direct references to a couple of people I actually do respect and like (and -- hope they will change the world... ).

The thing I don't understand is, why do they care what I think? I don't see why it matters to them. I don't understand how one of my blog posts from almost two months ago really matters enough in the scheme of things to cause hurt or pain. I never lied to them by telling them the opposite of what I posted then... i simply didn't find it necessary to go out of my way to tell them what I was thinking all along. They are my thoughts, get over it.

No comments: