Sunday, December 13, 2009

It's getting brutal...

... in the e-mail.

They're taking the objective part of the ethics exam. It's really easy if you happened to come to class. Most of the questions are from the powerpoints and anybody with a semi-decent set of class notes should do well.

Of course, I'm getting "can I re-take this??" -- my response was pretty blunt -- "I suspect that you'd have done better if your class attendance was better"... and, in my head I'm saying 'good luck on the short essays'.

Due to the flu, I stopped doing withdraws for attendance. That doesn't mean that if they deserved an attendance failure, they won't earn a failure on the exam. Sometimes they just need to learn the hard way.

2 comments:

Kris Peleg said...

Yes, I told a student today that she could do the math and probably not turn in the essay tomorrow.

Inside the Philosophy Factory said...

I've had every excuse from Miss "can I re-take this"? Several weeks of 'my little brother is in the hospital', and 'my little brother had a seizure, which is a lot like the death penalty so I can't do peer review on death penalty papers' -- now it's 'I took too many credits and I was too busy with papers and exams to come to class' -- there was also 'we had a car accident so I couldn't come to class'...