Monday, December 28, 2009

Franklin Covey has fallen a long, long way

My on-line interaction with Franklin Covey started with a cool idea -- a new, customized planner for my birthday.

As you can see below -- (my original e-mail is at the bottom), the process was a pain in the behind. When they asked for feedback, I gave it to them. After a week, I got the following e-mail...

Note -- there was no offer of a gift card or any kind of incentive to try them again once they've got their act together. A complaint about service to our local pizza/pasta place got a response that included a $5 gift card. We'll go back to the pizza place -- I'm not likely to go back to Franklin Covey.

__________________________

their response... the mistakes and poor grammar are in the original.
Hello ITPF,

Thank you for contacting FranklinCovey Catalog Sales.

Regarding your request, We apologize for inconvenience cause to you.

We appreciate the opportunity to respond to your question. If you need any additional assistance, please feel free to respond to this email or log on to our website www.franklinplanner.com.

Thank you,
Jason.
FranklinCovey Support.
=======
my complaint...
Subject: comments on the custom planner

The planner itself is great and I will enjoy it this year. I doubt I'll order another one because enduring the process to get it probably wasn't worth the trouble.

Over the course of two days, the program lost my dates several times. I didn't put in as many dates as I'd like, simply because I didn't want the program to lose all the dates I already had in there. The program lost other changes several times.

I never had a response from the on-line chat function.

When I decided that I'd had enough, your website was so dysfunctional that I had to finally call to place my order. I'd been trying to complete my order for three days. The order was in my shopping cart, but the website would not let me proceed to input my credit card. While I was waiting, the binder I had in my cart sold out. I had a similar problem with an order for accessories, but I finally got lucky and your website let me pay for that.

When I went to check on my order, it didn't come up and there was no way to check the order until it had been shipped. I also didn't get an e-mail notice that it had been shipped.

This was supposed to be my birthday present to myself, but I'm not sure I'll do it again.

ME -- my address and complete contact information...

3 comments:

Bardiac said...

Hey Inside, So the idea is that you fill in dates and they come pre-printed in the planner?

(Check the link you gave; it seems to connect to an email system rather than to the planner company. And feel free to delete this.)

Inside the Philosophy Factory said...

The dates stuff is part of it. The idea is actually pretty cool. You fill in the dates, add photos to the pages and you can even customize parts of the pages themselves. You can even put in recurring meetings or appointments. I put in everything I had from the academic calendar, plus debate nationals, birthdays and anniversaries.

As for the link, it was in the customer service rep's standard e-mail...I just tried it and it doesn't surprise me that it doesn't work. They aren't all that good with the on-line customer support details..

Roshan Jha said...

Thanks for the high quality and results-oriented content. Visit here to read about : customized planners