Saturday, August 21, 2010

end of summer fun...

After Doody Daze (or, duty days... in admin speak), I was worn out and kind of overwhelmed.

On Thursday night I sat and stared into space for about four hours -- mostly because I needed the quiet time...

Friday, I decided that I needed some pal time -- so, I reconnected with old colleagues and welcomed new folks to our hallway -- in other words, I skipped a meeting or two..

Later in the afternoon I met FB to have a drink with an old friend from high school -- We had some good talk about life and love -- and FB drove his 85 Trans Am with the T tops off-- which was perfect summer fun in and of itself...

Afterward meeting our old friend, FB needed to make a Costco run -- which was exactly the kind of activity I needed, lots of laughing and talking -- and he was spending money... while I (for once) wasn't.

Today, I'm meeting another old friend for lunch - then we'll meet FB for coffee... of which he drinks a lot...

after all this fun, I may need to go back to work to get a break from my social life... hmmm...

ps... Hubby is getting good responses in OCI -- which law folks will get :) -- for the rest of you, the equivalent is having a nice number of conference interviews.... think good thoughts for hubby next week.

1 comment:

Seeking Solace said...

Yay for Hubby!!! OCI responses are a good sign of what the future holds!!!