Sunday, February 01, 2009

Home sweet home...

As much as I like to travel, I also like coming home.

As much as I like San Diego -- I wouldn't want to live there. It's just too much pressure to have all that nice weather all the time. You'd have no excuse to have lazy snowy days... I don't think I could take it.

I also see, in a way, why some folks in southern CA think very highly of themselves -- they somehow think they deserve to live in a place with amazing weather and scenery. I found myself thinking I couldn't live up to all that stunning natural beauty.

I also see why many Californians are terrible drivers. The problem is a basic lack of adequate signs and terrible freeway and road design. As a result, driving becomes a competitive sport for them -- and the rules/playing field is unpredictable.

When I got home yesterday it was up to 48 degrees -- according to my car's outside temp. reading. It was wonderful -- I opened the windows in the bedroom to celebrate!!

The Queen and the Minion have forgiven me -- and so far there's been no sign of extreme-peeing... which seems to be the Minion's new sport. I'm contemplating a short, heavily supervised visit to the bedroom for him.... or, maybe not.

No comments: