Friday, November 25, 2005

Thanksgiving and Grandma Glad's china

We had Sandi and Suz over for Thanksgiving (Jason's mom and her friend from Chicago who comes down for holidays when the Howards are up north..).

Due to the fact that we actually have our dining room table back, we used it and used Grandma Glad's china. It is nice, old and doesn't exactly hold sentimental value for me -- except that it is a family thing. I don't recall ever eating off of them at family things, probably because Grandma Glad was too old to be hosting them by the time I remember her... but, it is nice to have something like that from my family.

Mom also said she'd give me her part of the set, along with the silver that goes with it all. She also said she'd ask Mark for Pam's part of the set. Kind of sad, but he doesn't have any sentimental attachment to it...

No comments: