- Kid from another planet (KFAP) stopped by my office just now. Funny thing about that, since he could never find time to talk with me before, when I wanted to talk about his behavior and the fact that he wasn't prepared to work with Super-Tutor.
- I had to tell KFAP that, no matter how well he did on his final, his grade couldn't be a C. He also claimed that Super Tutor told him he could get a B -- umm, no. In fact, he had a fit when ST told him that he couldn't get a B. That's one of the things I wanted to talk to KFAP about.
- Some logic students are kicking themselves for not maxing out their bonus points -- a few points here or there would have saved them from having to take the final. Ummmm, guess what, I know they are busy, but in several cases investing one hour with the tutor would have saved them two hours of a final exam.
... Ethics style:
- Some students think the last paper is a group paper. I gave them the option to write a paper with their presentation group or individually. A couple of slackers are going to find out the hard way that the students who did all the work on their presentations aren't writing a group paper.
- Presentation drama -- every presentation day someone has an issue that makes them run late... So, their presentation group ends up nervously watching the door... So far, every tardy presenter has made it.