Friday, April 16, 2010

Maybe there's a secret election...

... or, perhaps our most senior department member is having a senior moment...

We had a department meeting today. As usual, attendance was sparse -- but, nearly all of our disciplines were represented AND -- (best of all) by the people I really like.

One person came in a bit late and handed me a note.

The note was a proxy vote for Classy Lady. It was from Sweet Old Guy.

The puzzling bit is that we aren't having an election. As far as I know Classy Lady isn't "running" for anything.

Last week we had a call for folks interested in being department chair. Classy Lady didn't say anything to me -- and she's told me many times that she doesn't want to be department chair.

I'm not sure what Sweet Old Guy thinks Classy Lady is running for -- but, I'm sure Classy Lady will be glad to have his support.

3 comments:

Psych Post Doc said...

LOL...oops. I wonder if that was his nomination of her, regardless of whether she wants to run or not.

Inside the Philosophy Factory said...

If there is -- he's missed the last deadline by over a week..

Anonymous said...

That is kind of funny!