Saturday, April 18, 2009

Notes from my evening... secret notes edition

I rented a few movies, since I had to rent "Rules of Engagement" for class on Monday.

Secret note to the dude in the video store: - If your sweetie wants to control the video decisions, they should come with you to the store. Talking on the cell phone, discussing each movie on the "new releases" shelf is obnoxious. It's triple obnoxious when you blurt out the end of the movie I'm reaching for -- If I see you do that again, I'm going to whip out my phone and have a fake conversation in which I make up spoilers for all the movies you look at... you've been warned.

I went to my favorite Super Target -- found some good food, a collar for the Minion and shaving supplies...

Secret note to hubby: It should be noted that I didn't buy ANYTHING extra at Target... I passed on the cute folding patio table that isn't quite right for the deck but would fit in my car. I also didn't buy any cute notebooks, pens or desk organizing supplies. Passing up the pack-o-Sharpies was a feat of self control in and of itself. I also passed on the refillable catnip sticks because Target wasn't organized enough to have them on the shelf with a price, which you know is typical of our multi-cultural Target.

Tomorrow I'm going to shave my legs for the first time since chemo saved me money on waxing last summer....

Then I watched Marley and Me...

Secret note to Super Mom: You MUST watch Marley and Me -- it will make you laugh until you cry. Don't eat anything while you're watching. Don't drink anything you wouldn't want coming out of your nose. Make sure you're in a comfy chair you won't fall out of -- this dog is Moose but worse.... really. People who've never lived with a big lab won't know how true this movie is -- It isn't really a spoiler to tell you Marley gets expelled from obedience school, eats socks, underwear, furniture and the wall... that's life with a lab.

ps... you need to start your blog already -- NOW. go to www.blogger.com -- then post a comment while you are logged in so I can see your blog....

Now I'm going to bed.... the question of the night is whether I'll let the Queen spend the night with me in the bedroom.

No comments: