Monday, September 29, 2008

Notes from grading jail... Rawls edition...

To my dearest -- procrastinating -- students...

Please don't make me want to retreat behind the veil of ignorance after reading your papers.

That wouldn't benefit either of us -- you'd never get your papers back and they'd consider my mental state to be a complete loss.

We are heading there --- the first few papers really are scary.

Love,
your philosophy prof -- for now.

ps -- if you want to plagiarize, the trick is to change some words so that it doesn't come up on a Google search of "Rawls's attempt to formulate a philosophy of justice and a theoretical program for establishing political structures" -- because, if you are one of those girls who sleeps in class, I might get suspicious when you turn in sentences like this...

edited to add -- Also, the argument that "I wrote my own objection" is NOT a good response to "this isn't your work, you copied this off of the internet". I couldn't believe she actually wanted credit for the part of the paper she didn't copy and paste directly.

No comments: