Tuesday, July 25, 2006

An afternoon of not much...

Having pledged that we would work tomorrow -- really... I'm planning to take the afternoon off.

Golfing was fun, and not as expensive as I recalled -- maybe the middle of the day discount kicked in or something. We played only 9 holes, had to pay for 18 -- but it was getting hot and we were tired at 9, so we stopped.

I figured out that I need men's length clubs. My clubs are women's clubs and they are too short for me -- I played better at the end of the course when I was using hubby's clubs. Now he has plans for me to take his clubs, we'll sell mine and he can get some new ones... always the schemer to go shopping, my hubby :).

In terms of how I actually played -- since I don't keep score, my rating would be partly-cloudy.... or something like that. I swung and missed a few times, but not often. I took a few divots and topped a few (if I could average them, the game would have been mostly sunny).

I only lost two balls -- on the last hole, into the water. They were cheap found balls we keep for those kinds of shots -- my first try almost made it over the water, only to plunk in near the shore. My second try went into the trees on the near side of the water and I think I hit a duck.... or, came pretty close, as my shot was followed by an outraged quack.

I also think, were I keeping score, that I managed to beat hubby on one hole -- I hit short but straight shots and he hit long shots into the trees or over the fence....

We followed golf with lunch at a local chain ... not the place on the river, but I got a promise to go there before August 5.... so I'm happy. We drank enourmous amounts of Iced Tea and had a waiter who looked like a dumb version of a debate coach pal (debaters... think Rob from Willammette/Central Michigan/Truman -- only a bit taller, not so cute and minus about 50 IQ points...). I ordered wings, which were really good... they do take-out there and it is on the way home from BNCC... hmmm.....

This afternoon I'll do some random housework and laundry. Between loads of laundry I'll nap and read "Class Action" -- Hubby has a video game play date with long time friend-- LTF has the newest video game thingy and a HUUUUGE TV, so they play over there and leave me in peace to futz around an lie under the cat with the extra toes.

1 comment:

Seeking Solace said...

I enjoy golf too. I just like being outside. Plus, I think I mentioned that I like to pretend that my students are the ball. I can drive about 150 yards!

Glad you had fun!