Saturday, February 04, 2006

Debate -- update and general comments...

Written during BN state, in-state scary tournament… while I probably should have been flowing...

What I want to say, but can’t ----

Ummm – dude, you don’t have a right to the Status Quo as opp ground – stop whining about the fact that gov ran a case against using people in space…

What about a counter-plan… disband NASA… or a good old militiarism of space DA…

HMMM – asserting plan will work, interesting strategy


Here I am at the special olymics of debate – no standards or impacts on a T.

Wanky turns, but they are turns… I didn’t know that these kids could use those sorts of terms without their heads imploding.. gasp – they have “policy” vocabulary…

On TV there is “what not to wear” -- Here there is “how not to run a debate tournament”..


During an elim round
Oh my goodness... “game shows” = “torture” – K land… even for me who isn’t exactly a K fan..

Right now the LO is finished with her T argument, I don’t have to flow much.
MG, can’t answer the T.. so she tells stories of Saddam dipping kids in acid, saying that somehow that answers the connection between game show and torture.

Gov’s T response pretty much comes down to “if we are a little bit topical, we are topical” huh… either you ARE or you ARE NOT. It is a yes-no question. A little bit pregnant -- you know, it is like that..

So sad, here I am looking at my widget that is iphoto, looking at pictures of GOOD debaters. If I need to do that, something is wrong with the round I am watching.

No comments: